This is a list of maps that are in the WAD/PK3. Not all WAD/PK3 file will contain maps. While it is reasonably accurate, some inaccuracies will exist.
This is what the type of WAD/PK3 the file is, this can be IWAD, PWAD, PK3 or UNKNOWN.
- IWAD: The WAD can run standalone and doesn't require any other IWAD
- PWAD: This cannot be run standalone, it requires an IWAD to work
- PK3: A PK3 may or may not require an IWAD to function
- UNKNOWN: The type could not be determined for this WAD
This is what IWAD is required to run this WAD/PK3. This is not 100% accurate but will give a general idea on what IWAD is needed. Valid values are:
- DOOM: Doom 1 or The Ultimate Doom. Shareware Doom may also work
- DOOM2: Doom 2 and Freedoom. TNT and Plutonia should also work
- HERETIC: Heretic or Heretic: Shadow of the Serpent Riders. Shareware could also work
- HEXEN: Hexen. The shareware version could be supported.
- PLUTONIA: Final Doom: Plutonia. TNT, Doom 2 or Freedoom should also work
- TNT: Final Doom: TNT Evilution. Plutonia, Doom 2 or Freedoom should also work
- STRIFE: Stife. The shareware version may also work. The VOICES.WAD could also be required
- UNKNOWN: The IWAD required couldn't be determined. The best bet is to try Doom 2
This is which engine is required to play this WAD/PK3. A WAD/PK3 may work in multiple engines/ports but this value will give you the best chance of it working. It isn't 100% accurate. Valid values are:
- DOOM: The orignal DOS Doom engine. Also include The Ultimate Doom and shareware versions
- DOOM2: The original DOS Doom 2 engine. This also includes Final Doom
- HEXEN: The original DOS Hexen or Heretic: Shadow of the Serpent Riders engine. The shareware version may also work
- HERETIC: The original DOS Heretic engine
- STRIFE: The original DOS Strife engine
- BOOM: Boom supports all the original Doom/Doom 2 WADs
- CDOOM: CDOOM supports all the original Doom/Doom 2 WADs
- DOOMSDAY: Doomsday supports Doom, Doom 2, Heretic and Hexen WADs
- EDGE: EDGE supports all the original Doom/Doom 2 WADs
- ZDOOM: ZDoom supports Doom, Doom 2, Heretic, Hexen, Strife and Chex Quest WADs
- GZDOOM: GZDoom supports all WADs that ZDoom supports as well
- LEGACY: Doom Legacy supports all the original Doom, Doom 2 and Heretic WADs
- SKULLTAG: Skulltag has now been replaced with Zandronum. Supports Doom, Doom 2, Heretic, Hexen, Strife, Chex Quest and most (G)ZDoom WADs
- VAVOOM: Vavoom supports Doom, Doom 2, Heretic, Hexen and Strife WADs
- BETA: This WAD is a beta version and may require a pre-release engine.
- UNKNOWN: The engine/port could not be determined. The best option is to try one of the more modern engines