This is a version of Freedoom MAP03 tweaked to fix some errors, including:
1) One unclosed sector
Sector 68 consisted solely of two one-sided linedefs outside the valid
playing space to the sides of the doors to the blue key. It has been
2) Moving doortracks
These were on the following linedefs:
- 387, 728 (sides of the first door)
- 466, 472 (door into secret sector 85)
- 529, 530, 531, 532 (doors to the blue key, which were all /Upper/ Unpegged
for some reason)
- 1054, 1057, 1060, 1063 (doors activated by linedef 1383
- 2021, 2026, 2054, 2055, 2056, 2057 (sides of the door immediately after
the blue key-locked door; the
DOORTRAKs were /Upper/ Unpegged)
- 2788, 2789 (sides of the door to a secret switch opened with the gunfire
switch; textures changed from DOORSTOP to DOORTRAK)
- 2797, 2800 (sides of the door to secret sector 485; textures changed from
DOORSTOP to DOORTRAK)
3) Inaccessible secret
The gunfire switch was only accessible if you had a super shotgun, but the
only super shotgun in the whole map is in the secret accessible only with the
switch revealed by the gunfire switch. The gunfire switch has been lowered,
so that you can now shoot it with any hitscan weapon.
4) Lack of multiplayer
There were no deathmatch player starts on the map. I added four of them,
shotguns and some shells provided for each position, and some doors in this
spots that could not be opened from their other ends now can.
5) Unmarked locked doors
There are now better indicators of which keys are needed to open each door.
6) Other odd stuff
- The door into secret sector 85 was unmarked. It has now been marked by
shifting the alignment on its front side two map units down.
- The big crate near the gunfire switch (sector 234) had CRATE3 on the
sides, but the sector was raised to the point where the top of the brown
crate was clearly visible underneath it, sticking out of the floor. It
has been altered to CRATELIT, with the texture alignment, flat, and floor
height changed accordingly.
- The yellow key-locked door was textured with BIGDOOR2 despite being only
64 units wide. It has now been textured with SPCDOOR2 instead.
- In some places, you climb onto the monitors, which could mess up movement
around the yellow key. This is no longer possible.
Hope I didn't miss anything!
- Eric "The Green Herring" Baker -
- email@example.com -
- March 14, 2008 -