Files included in BLAKGATE.ZIP:
BLAKGATE.REJ, BLAKGATE.TXT, and BLAKGATE.WAD.
Title : Blackgate
Filename : blakgate.zip
Version : 2.1
Date : November 7, 2000 (11/7/2000)
Author : Patrick Martin
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
A dark, sick, medium-sized castle-like level in a hellish
dimension. This level is inspiried by John Diamond's HELRZOR.WAD,
and it resembles some of Helrzor's levels. True to its theme,
only hellish creatures are used (i.e. no former humans!)
Skill levels -- what to expect.
1-2: Shotguns, chaingun, and rocket launcher are available plus
enough ammo to kill all the monsters. Resistance is light,
and only weaker monsters are found.
3: Same amount of ammo as skill levels 1-2, but the addition of
revenants and some extra monsters means that ammo is scarce.
(This used to be UV from early versions of Blackgate.)
4-5: Chainsaw and plasma gun are added. Monsters are numerous,
especially imps. Because of this, ammo is really scarce.
If you want 100% kills, you will probably need to use your
Extra ammo and goodies are available in multiplayer games.
Any feedback about this level is greatly appreciated.
* ID for creating Doom, Doom][, and Quake.
* Raven for Heretic and Hexen.
* Renaud Paquay and the DEU Team for Win32DEU.
* Ben Morris for DCK.
* Marc Rousseau for Zennode.
* Jens Hykkelbjerg for RMB.
* Robert Fenske, Jr for Warm.
* Denis Moller for NWT.
* John Diamond for being such a cool guy and for helping me
in making this level. (i.e. suggestions and the cool red sky.)
Check out his Helrzor pack for Doom][ (the inspiration of this
level), and his Omen TC for Quake.
* Malcolm Sailor for making great levels (check out his QUIKISGD,
NOSUN, and CHORD series) and for giving me a few suggestions.
* William Green for the curved doors in YAOTZIN.WAD. Those doors
were too cool not to use :)
* J. Brown for playtesting this level and for giving me some
* Every other wad author for placing wads & other add-ons
available for downloading.
* Mom & Dad for a lot of good stuff.
You are in a strange and evil land.
Just find your way out alive.
Game : Doom][
Map # : MAP01
Single Player : Yes
Cooperative 2-4 Player : Yes
Deathmatch 2-4 Player : Yes
Difficulty Settings : Yes (see above for details)
New Sounds : Yes
New Music : Yes (D_RUNNIN = Metallica: "Enter Sandman")
New Graphics : Yes
Demos Replaced : None
Base : New level built from scratch
Build Time : Over 50 hours (I sort of lost track)
plus much more tweaking the level.
Editors used : WinDEU32 v5.24 - wide variety of tasks
DCK v3.61 SW - build first half of level
Zennode v0.98a - blockmap/nodes/reject
RMB v2.1 - reject special effects
NWT v1.3 - resource manipulation
Warm v1.6 - resource manipulation
Windows Paint - modify a wall texture
MS Imager - convert gfx file types
Hardware used : Pentium-100 with 16MB RAM and Doom][ v1.9.
Known Bugs : You may see a sliver HOM near the star at the start.
I am 29, and I like game design. I build maps and mods
when I get the chance. I was the lead coder for the Quake2
mods MAD and ArmourBack in The Coven's Disposable Heroes.
I am also the author of the following Doom and Quake stuff:
BLAKGATE DARKEDEN YAB
Quake QC mods
Copyright and Distribution Permissions
Authors MAY use this level as a base to build additional levels.
You MAY distribute BLAKGATE.WAD, provided you include BLAKGATE.TXT
and BLAKGATE.REJ, with no modifications. You may distribute this
file in any electronic format (BBS, Diskette, CD, etc) as long as
you include this file intact.
Use this wad at your own risk. If by using this wad you or
your belongings suffer damage, it is your problem NOT mine.
FTP sites: ftp.cdrom.com (at the very least)
* Changed a few sounds.
* Doubled number of potions. (i.e., potions are worth +2 health.)
* Fixed some misaligned textures.
* Removed floating skulls that blocked exit in multiplayer.
* Added more ammo and potions for coop.
* Added potions at the start (mainly as decor).
* Changed some textures.
* Flipped some linedefs to fix projectile-eating walls.
* Made the first door switch-activated so player cannot close
it at will.
* Upgraded skill levels.
* Replaced first box of shells with five items of four shells
(to make it easier to share ammo in coop).
* First release.
============================= END OF FILE =============================